I’m rather keen on colourful food – there’s nothing less appealing than a plate of brown! In my eyes even a little green garnish can lift the whole plate. This coleslaw is as colourful and pretty as a side-dish can be. An excellent way to add colour to a less exciting platter.
This colourful crunchy slaw is made with a big mustardy dressing rather than mayo – perfect for a lighter, healthier crunchy side.
Rainbow ‘Slaw (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan) N.B. contains mustard
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into thin batons
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- handful pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard and seasoning.
- Pour over the chopped vegetables.
- Toss well, and enjoy.