This is a no bake ‘cheesecake’ recipe that uses soya cream cheese as a base. It’s creamy, cheesy, zesty and sings with flavour. A great way to end a rich or spicy meal. The combination of ginger and line works really well and if you didn’t mention it to them, I’m fairly certain not many people would call it as a vegan cheesecake.
Lime Cheesecake (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan) N.B. contains soya
This recipe makes 1 small cheesecake (enough for 4 small portions or 2 large)
- 100g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 1 tbsp dairy-free spread, melted
- 5 tbsps soya cream cheese
- 2-3 tbsps soya yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2-3 tbsps icing sugar
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted spread. Press into the bottom of the pie tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- Whisk together the other ingredients until they are smooth. Taste and add more lime juice or icing sugar according to taste.
- Pour onto the biscuit base, and level off the top.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Remove the tin prior to serving and garnish the top with a little more zest.